Products of the Abbey of Vallombrosa
The abbey of Vallombrosa, consecrated in 1058 and elevated to minor basilica in 1950, is located in the province of Florence in the municipality of Reggello. The Vallombrosa Benedictine monks have distinguished themselves in history for tradition and culture. They were the custodians of ancient knowledge for the preparation of medicines and balsams as well as liqueurs, extracts and distillates. The liqueur shop is still present today: the Vallombrosan monks in fact produce liqueurs with renowned aromatic and digestive properties, such as the renowned Gin Dry Vallombrosa.